Lightwork Memo Series
The LightWork Memo series is an informal series of numbered memoranda on topics related to Citizen Science with Radio Telescopes.
This series is intended to encourage the public in the United States, and throughout the world, to collaborate on the design, construction and operation of Radio Telescopes for the purpose of furthering science, engineering and education. LightWork memos series guidelines are described in Memo 0, below. The creation of a memo series is motivated by the success that a focused memo series can have on organizing design and construction of large astronomical facilities.
The memo series title has two implications. The first is that this memo series concerns Work with radio wavelength Light. The second is that we envision that those developing the radio telescopes will grow a large collaboration, making a significant contribution to the worlds understanding of the universe. Many hands make LightWork.
- LightWork Memo 000 Memo inviting contributions, and providing guidelines, to the LightWork Memo Series
- Glen Langston, 2017 August 11, Status: Active
- Initial memo in the series inviting others to contribute to the topic of Citizen Science with Radio Telescopes
- LightWork Memo 001 First System temperature Measurements with a horn antenna.
- LightWork Memo 002 Report on system temperature after a number of modifications.
- LightWork Memo 003 Measurements of system gain as a function of feed probe placement.
- LightWork Memo 004 Full system description of first working horn antenna.
- LightWork Memo 006 Sketch of amplifier board design for Citizen Science Radio Telescopes
- LightWork Memo 008 Measurements of performance of amplifier system using low cost LNA4ALL amplifiers.
- LightWork Memo 009 Measurements of performance of amplifier system using ZX60-P103LN+ amplifiers
- LightWork Memo 010 Measurements with aluminum foam board horn and improved infrastructure
- LightWork Memo 014 Galactic Mapping with Horn and Amplifier box
- LightWork Memo 015 Science Aficionados Amplifier Box B
- LightWork Memo 016 Commercial Parts list for Amplifier Box B
- LightWork Memo 018 Galactic Spectra Data Overview
- LightWork Memo 019 Mapping the Milky Way
- LightWork Memo 020 Radio Astronomy With Gnuradio-Companion
- LightWork Memo 021 Horn Telescope Base Construction Guide
- LightWork Memo 022 Horn Telescope Construction Guide